Call Today 888.900.6204
You've Been Through Enough. Trust Our Team to Help You With Modification.

Court Order Modifications in NY

Do You Need to Make Changes to Your Divorce Agreement?

During divorce, it is impossible to accurately predict what the future holds. All you can do is negotiate and litigate to obtain the best possible outcomes regarding the major issues associated with your case. Even still, life changes often take place that require an alteration of divorce orders. No divorce judgment can account for the changing dynamics of life. If you are facing a job change, job loss, or an opportunity to relocate that cannot be passed up, call us for a free case evaluation with our Hudson Valley divorce lawyers at (888) 900-6204!

At Michael R. Varble & Associates, P.C., we have over 50 years of combined experience helping our clients handle the legal aspects associated with a post-divorce modification. No matter what the life change is that has taken place, we can help you present a convincing case to the court to address the need for relocation or modification. We are committed to personal representation that allows us to effectively handle all post-judgment modification issues at hand.

Types of Post-Judgment Modifications

Significant changes within the personal or financial aspects of life can necessitate a modification of one or more terms of the divorce. New York courts require a significant and unforeseen change in circumstances for the modification to be accepted.

The most common terms of a divorce agreement that are modified include:

At Michael R. Varble & Associates, P.C., we have represented a wide variety of individuals through post-divorce modification and can help you address the issues you face. We can help you prove that the financial needs of the child cannot be met with your current circumstances and that you are no longer able to meet the demands of a current child support or spousal support order. Whatever the issue, you are encouraged to obtain legal assistance at once.

Retain a Hudson Valley Divorce Lawyer Today

Regardless of the type of modification needed, you must obtain aggressive representation and not take matters into your own hands. You can face serious charges if you disregard a court order. For that reason, you will want to take immediate action if you are no longer able to follow through with an existing order from the court. Either parent can ask the court to modify or change an existing order regarding aspects of the divorce agreement.

You can also obtain legal representation if you need to combat your ex-spouse's request for modification from the family court. We can help you make a case that ensures that your rights and the best interests of your child are fully protected. Modification can be prevented if the court finds that the loss of the other party's job was voluntary or if relocation is not in the best interest of the child.

Safeguards against modification issues you have.

Contact us today for the legal representation you need.

Contact Us

Reviews From Our Clients

We've Helped Guide Clients Through the Most Difficult Times in Their Lives.
  • “Michael always has the best interest of his clients in all that he does.”


  • “Mr. Varble did more in a few months than my previous attorney had done in almost two years.”

    Kelly H.

  • “Mr. Varble and his staff not only took care of my case, but he took excellent care of me as well.”


  • “I would highly recommend Kim and her firm to any of my friends in need.”


  • “Michael R. Varble & Associates is the place to go if you have any legal problems.”

    Cole Hastings

Contact Our Firm Now

Request Your Free Case Consultation
    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
    • Please enter your email address.
      This isn't a valid email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.


  • Thervo 2018
  • Client Champion 2018
  • AVVO Top Contributor
  • AVVO Client Choice
  • AVVO Rating
  • American Institute Best 10
  • 10 Best
  • top 100