Court Order Modifications in NY

Do You Need to Make Changes to Your Divorce Agreement?

During divorce, it is impossible to accurately predict what the future holds. All you can do is negotiate and litigate to obtain the best possible outcomes regarding the major issues associated with your case. Even still, life changes often take place that require an alteration of divorce orders. No divorce judgment can account for the changing dynamics of life. If you are facing a job change, job loss, or an opportunity to relocate that cannot be passed up, schedule a free case evaluation with our Hudson Valley divorce lawyers.

At Michael R. Varble & Associates, P.C., we have more than 15 years of experience helping our clients handle the legal aspects associated with a post-divorce modification. No matter what the life change is that has taken place, we can help you present a convincing case to the court to address the need for relocation or modification. We are committed to personal representation that allows us to effectively handle all post-judgment modification issues at hand.

Types of Post-Judgment Modifications

Significant changes within the personal or financial aspects of life can necessitate a modification of one or more terms of the divorce. New York courts require a significant and unforeseen change in circumstances for the modification to be accepted. The most common terms of a divorce agreement that are modified include:

At Michael R. Varble & Associates, P.C., we have represented a wide variety of individuals through post-divorce modification and can help you address the issues you face. We can help you prove that the financial needs of the child cannot be met with your current circumstances and that you are no longer able to meet the demands of a current child support or spousal support order. Whatever the issue, you are encouraged to obtain legal assistance at once.

Retain a Hudson Valley Divorce Lawyer Today

Regardless of the type of modification needed, you must obtain aggressive representation and not take matters into your own hands. You can face serious charges if you disregard a court order. For that reason, you will want to take immediate action if you are no longer able to follow through with an existing order from the court. Either parent can ask the court to modify or change an existing order regarding aspects of the divorce agreement.

You can also obtain legal representation if you need to combat your ex-spouse's request for modification from the family court. We can help you make a case that ensures that your rights and the best interests of your child are fully protected. Modification can be prevented if the court finds that the loss of the other party's job was voluntary or if relocation is not in the best interest of the child. Whatever modification issue you are facing, we can safeguard your rights. Contact us today for the legal representation you need!

Get Over a Century of Experience on Your Side

Our attorneys have handled cases in more than half of the counties in the state. Contact us today to see how we can help you!

Send Us a Message
Hudson Valley Lawyer

Poughkeepsie Address:

Michael R. Varble & Associates, P.C.
Hudson Valley Lawyer
40 Garden Street,
Suite 301,

Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
View Map
Local Phone: 845.363.6500

The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.